When I see or hear about the brand Clairol the first thing that comes to my head is colour or dye perhaps. I’m a huge fan of hair dyes and colouring of hair but then some of us aren’t so fortunate with it. I’ve always wanted to dye my hair a very bold colour, say red or purple, but because I know for a fact that I’d be sent out of school if I attempted to try it I’d always reset my brain when such thoughts come up. So when my awesome Aunt asked if I was going to try this Clairol Color Crave Hair Makeup I was more than willing and went with Brilliant Ruby.
Clairol Color Crave Hair Makeup comes in a 1.5fl.oz. It is a temporary dye that washes out in just one shampoo.
How to Use
1) Shake tube before use
2) Squeeze tube until colour appears on sponge
3) Swipe into dry hair strands
4) Heat with blow dryer to lock in colour
5) Wash out with shampoo
Following the directions, I squeezed the bottle until the sponge applicator tip became saturated with the brilliant ruby. I applied it to my hair in multiple strokes because I wanted a very intense look. By the time I was done applying the dye, my hands and comb were stained but I already expected that. At the end of the say, my hair didn’t feel dry neither was it stiff.
• It can last for up to 3 days. Mine lasted for about 5 days but it faded off slowly so by the 5th day, I was left with little particles of red.
• Washes out after one use. By the time I was washing the product out of my hair, I needed just one wash to get it completely out.
• Easy application. This is probably the second easiest temporary dye I’ll use after the hair crayon though
• It can be very messy.
Where to find
My cousin got this product for $3 at a beauty store close to her school but you can get it between 5-10 dollars on Amazon or your local beauty store.
Would you ever dye your hair?Have you ever dyed your hair? What are your thoughts on hair dye? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.